Oct 31, 2017
Winston-Salem, NC-The Salem College basketball team lent a helping hand to the local Winston-Salem Ronald McDonald House this past week. During their time at Ronald McDonald House, the team cleaned rooms, moved bed frames and mattresses, organized supplies, met visitors of the house, and learned valuable information about the successes the local house has provided for families in the past.
The Ronald McDonald House opened its doors in Winston Salem in 1984 when they could only house ten families. Now, The House extends to welcoming over 35 families a night, and are renovating many of their rooms for the comfort of their visitors; to be a "home away from home."
In an effort to continue the growth and services of The House and to provide a comfortable atmosphere for the families, Salem will be collecting the following items to be donated to the Winston-Salem Ronald McDonald House at their home game on Tuesday, November 21 at 6:00 pm vs. Roanoke. The basketball team appreciates all of your help and support in lending a hand to help the families feel the warmth of the holiday seasons.
Items in need at The House:
- Single-serve snacks and treats; chips, crackers, pretzels, cookies, raisins, nuts
- Single-serve breakfast items: pop tarts, granola bars, cereal, etc.
- Single-serve meals
- Single-serve fruits
- paper towels
- laundry detergent
- dryer sheets
- microwaveable paper bowls and plates
- All purpose Spray Cleaner
- Clorox Wipes
- Milk and Creamer
- Preemie and newborn diapers, Oneness, and outfits
- Disposable paper hot and col cups with lids
- Assorted Tea Bags
- 13 gallon trash Bags
- Disposable Floor dusting Sheets (Wet and Dry)
- Swiffer mops and Swiffer Cleaner
- Liquid Hand Soap